Traveling CAN be fun, but it can also be incredibly stressful. I have been home maybe 5 days in the last few months, and the stress has finally gotten to me. It isn’t so much the traveling part physically, its more the maintaining my life traveling and my life at home. While I am on the road, I still have a house, car, family and everything else to maintain back home. I am slowly getting better at it, but shoot it is rough sometimes.
Here are a few things I do to keep my life in order, and a few must haves for the road;
- Get all your payments on “auto-pay” and keep a journal or note in your phone/on your computer of when the payments come out and how much they are. This I feel like is one of the things that stresses me out the worst. My biggest fear is having a late payment! I put most of these on my credit card, so I can always double check them and, God for bid, contest them if they are wrong.
- Always leave a clean house. ALWAYS. Never leave laundry and dishes to do when you get home. It makes it MORE stressful.
- Get a wifi thermostat, like this one. If you are anything like me, and are forgetful, you have forgotten to turn off the AC before you left and this is your solution. Not only that, but you can also turn it on before you get home, so your house isn’t 100 degrees when you get home… #WinWin
- MacBook Pro– I love this little sucker. It is light weight, and powerful. (That sounded like an ad)! It syncs with my iPad, and my iPhone and helps me keep all my things organized. Our family keeps a family calendar, so keeping it up to date is crucial (if we want to get places on time, and get there at all)… The new Pro with the Touch Bar and finger print sensor makes everything easier. Big Fan.
- MZ Wallace Max Bag– This bag is everything I could ask for. It is lightweight, cute, has tons of pockets, it wipes down easy (kids makes this a necessity), it has a long strap and shoulder strap AND it folds down and scrunches into my suitcase! The Max is my favorite style and I think everyone should have it. I have other styles as well, but this is by far my #1.
- Bose Headphones– I never knew I needed these until I tried them. I knew headphones were a must, but I didn’t know these headphones were the holy grail. I am understanding of screaming babies on a plane, and I am understanding that some people want to chit chat on the plane BUT sometimes, I don’t want to deal with any of it, and these little fellas are the SHIT. I couldn’t fly without them. They are worth the price, I promise.
What are your travel must haves?