First a story, then the fun stuff!
Pretty much the day I graduated high school, I was gone. No, I didn’t hate my hometown, I didn’t have a poor upbringing (quite the opposite actually), but I was ready to get the heck out. I lived my whole life under one roof, which is not the norm these days, and I am forever grateful for the life I had, but when it was time, I was gone. When I left, I never looked back. I made my way to Arizona, and have been there ever since. I wasn’t one to come home for summer vacation, I wasn’t one to meet up with all my high school buddies on breaks. Instead, I went to summer school, and worked full time (the most fun, I know).
It seemed like after I left, Temecula, CA, got cool. The wineries became a destination, and the city blew up! I’ve gone back once or twice, but really just passed through. This last weekend, (well, a few weekends ago now), I went back and got to re-explore my hometown. We threw my Mom a little surprise party at a local winery, we celebrated (ANOTHER) wedding, and we met up with old friends. It was one of those weekends that you can’t count on 10 hands how freaking lucky you are. I had every person I love in one place, and in a place I love. It was so perfect, I could go on forever. (And there was an earthquake, talk about some action!)
Sooooo, Temecula places to go:
- Wilson Creek Winery– a family favorite (cause it’s a family friend & it’s amazing!)
- Try the Almond Champagne *drool*
- Swing Inn Cafe– this place opens at 5am, so let it be your early morning coffee stop
- GET A FREAKING CINNAMON ROLL. I didn’t even get a picture of it, before it was gone. You won’t regret it.
- Pechanga Resort– The best place to stay! It’s on the south end of town, but it’s worth the drive. Plus, you really never have to leave if you don’t want to. This place has it all!
- Hit up the pool, and get yourself the steak salad, yummmmmmy.